Objective : The primary objective of Special education needs is to confirm that School of Edify recognizes that students may benefit from adaptations to general teaching approaches and also to ensure that supporting student’ special educational needs should align with the school’s mission statement.
Scope : Special Education Needs is the practice of educating students with special educational needs in a way that addresses their individual differences and needs. Ideally, this process involves the individually planned and systematically monitored arrangement of teaching procedures, adapted equipment and materials, and accessible settings. These interventions are designed to help learners with special needs achieve a higher level of personal self-sufficiency and success in school and their community, than may be available if the student were only given access to a typical classroom education.
We seek to provide a holistic learning environment that develops our students into caring, thinking and morally upright bilingual global citizens. This means that equal access must be provided to students whose mother tongue is Hindi or English, or any other language.
- To develop an understanding of the range and limitations of the special needs provision at School of Edify.
- To confirm that individual differences among students are viewed as opportunities for enriched learning (and that) diversity is a positive resource
- To create an environment that meets the special education needs of each child within the limitations of our resources
- To make clear the expectations of all constituents in the process of providing for special educational needs
IT IS ACCEPTED THAT ALL STUDENTS:
- Have different educational and behavioural needs and aspirations
- Require different strategies for learning
- Acquire, assimilate and communicate information at different rates
- Need a range of different teaching approaches and experiences
- Are unique and capable individuals
- Have the ability to become active, compassionate lifelong learners who understand that other people with their differences can also be right
- Have the right to access to the school’s special educational needs provision